Apple Cider Vinegar for Gorgeous Healthy Shiny Hair
A bad hair day – ain’t nobody got time for that! I know that for me personally, my mood can really change depending on how my hair is looking for the day. If it is dirty or greasy – wow stay away from me as I will not be your best friend today!
I am always looking for new ways to nourish my body, especially ways that are sustainable, organic and easy to do! I recently came across this particular trick involving Apple Cider Vinegar, to help nourish & clean your hair and knew I had to give it a go. This little trick has only 2 ingredients, and they are both found in your kitchen!
Before I go more into trying this trick, lets have a quick background check on the ingredients.
- Water – Well that seems pretty straight forward.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – …. um Yum?
That’s right – good old Apple Cider Vinegar. Seriously is there anything this baby can’t do?! I use Apple Cider Vinegar for helping my digestion and as a salad dressing, but never thought of adding it to my hair-care routine. So why Apple Cider Vinegar you may be asking. Don’t worry, so was I. So I did some research as to why people were using ACV on their hair, and why they were getting amazing results. Here is the 411 on why Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing for you and why it helps to create the Gorgeous Shiny Hair you desire!
Why Apple Cider Vinegar?
- It reduces itchy scalp and dandruff – as AVC is anti-inflammatory.
- It encourages your hair to grow as it helps treats clogged hair follicles and stimulates better circulation on the head.
- It is packed with tons of nutrients. ACV contains many amazing nutrients that are beneficial to the hair including B vitamins, vitamin C, and potassium.
- It helps to prevent split ends.
- It detangles the hair and reduces frizz – as it smooths out the cuticles, which makes it a good organic alternative to hair conditioner. (and detangling and anti-frizz is a big YES for people like me with very curly hair!)
- It balances the hair’s pH, just like it balances the bodies pH levels. (*Also did you know that many hair products disrupt the hair’s pH levels? ACV can bring the hair’s pH back to optimal levels because it naturally has the same pH as healthy hair. YAY!)
- It helps to rejuvenates your hair with its cleansing and clarifying properties. Many hair products over time leave residue on the hair follicles which can lead to dull, life-less hair. (no thank you!) ACV can help remove this residue from hair product build up. ~ This was one of the main reasons I decided to try the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse!
Sounds pretty good to me! So lets get started with – Apple Cider Vinegar for Gorgeous Healthy Shiny Hair.
What you need for the Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
1 cup water
2 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother)
1. Combine the water and ACV in a cup or bowl. (I personally found a coffee mug the easiest to use.)
2. Shampoo your hair as you normally would, then when you have rinsed the shampoo out fully, cover your hair with the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. (Be sure to close your eyes!) Leave it in for 10 seconds or so.
3. Rinse your hair thoroughly.
4. Dry as you normally would.
My Personal Results using the Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Afterwards my hair was very soft and my comb easily slid through my hair when brushing it. Once it was dried – it was very smooth, shiny and soft, with very little frizz. I got quite a few compliments on how amazing it looked actually – so that was pretty good proof for me that it had worked!
Only two things went wrong. Number 1 = I used cold water in the rinse mixture which caused a big shock when I poured it straight onto my already nicely warmed scalp. Number 2 = Because of this shock – I gasped in surprise and the ‘Apple Cider Vinegar for Gorgeous Healthy Shiny Hair’ rise went in my open mouth. (I do not like the taste of ACV)
♥ ♥ ♥
Overall I was very happy with the result of the ‘Apple Cider Vinegar for Gorgeous Healthy Shiny Hair’ Rinse. I have been doing it for a few months now, only once a week and my hair has never felt better. Oh and before you ask – the smell fades within the first few minutes of washing out the rinse – so have no fear my dear!
So if you are keen to try an organic and easy way to have Gorgeous Healthy Shiny Hair – then pop that bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar and get rinsing!
Let me know how you go with the ACV rinse in the comments. I love to try new and easy ways to nourish my body, so if you have any tips, leave me a message below or feel free to send me an email via the contact form.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥