Interview with the beautiful Crop Vintage
Hello my fellow GratiDude. I am very excited for you to meet this Beautiful Soul. She is a lovely busy bee, flying and soaring to great heights. She is a model, a student, and business owner, who always has a spring in her step and a smile to share. So without further ado, I am very proud to introduce to you my beautiful friend, Shay! ♥
What is your Name, Business Name and star sign?
Shay Lyn Maclean. CROP VINTAGE. A Virgo baby!
Tell us a bit about You – The Beautiful Soul behind Crop Vintage!
Well… I’m a die-hard Harry Potter fan, let’s just clear that up first. I like to drink my coffee black. I have a real obsession with indoor flora, all things with leaves and stems I love. I’m 21 years old. I’m a dog person. My name is Shay.
What was your inspiration for wanting to create Crop Vintage?
Firstly, CRØP VINTAGE is a new Vintage Label, established solely to support the prevention of Mental Illness amongst the youth of Australia. We’re a small social enterprise with a big vision and our proceeds will be going to a very very special charity – The Rogue And Rouge Foundation. My heart had been yearning to find a way to help those battling with a mental illness, as I had suffered my own mental battles as a teen. From there my passion and desire to help guide other sufferers only grew as the years went on. As for my obsession with vintage delicacies, that began when I was quite young too. I’ve come from a family of all boys so food was our financial priority! As for clothes, I would only ever receive hand-me-downs, new clothing was simply unheard of in our household From there, my love of vintage clothing blossomed, so too did my appreciation for it and the journey each piece had travelled before it got to me! It was 3 years ago now that I started collecting with the intention to create my very own vintage heaven, to share with other vintage lovers! And t hat’s when I had the idea to create my non-profit, social enterprise – CRØP VINTAGE.
Saving the world, one vintage delicacy at a time.
Do you have a mission statement?
Yes! In fact I’ve even created a hashtag for it! #MakeUniversalHappiness.
My (and probably most people’s) life long wish is to create peace on a global scale.
Tell us about The Rogue & Rouge Foundation and their mission.
For every item you purchase with us at CRØP, you will be supporting the incredible, Rouge & Rouge Foundation. The R & R Foundation support Australia’s young people in combating an epidemic of mental health challenges, through education and awareness. Both CRØP and R&R foundation dream of a healthier, happier nation and we will do everything in our power to make it happen. The founder of The Rogue And Rouge, Nicole Gibson, is a beaming light of pure compassion. At the age of just 18 she founded the charity when she was at her wits end with the stigma that surrounded mental health issues. At the time, she too was suffering from her own internal up-hill battle, and instead of losing hope, she decided to take a stand to help those around her suffering too. Nicole is now 22 and her and her team at R & R Foundation have already helped thousands of kids all over the nation!
Please go check them out, they’re doing wonders – www.rogueandrouge.org.au/ ♥
What you are doing is so awe-inspiring.
What or who inspires you and why?
My Papa (grandpa) because he’s one of the most optimistic people I know. No matter what the problem, he ALWAYS points out the positive side which changes my entire perspective on the matter. You need these kinds of people on your life, they can change your dreaded problems into pursuits of happiness within seconds. Compassionate people probably inspire me most and they drive me to keep on giving. They bring my faith back into humanity and make me feel I am not alone in this constant pursuit to create peace among all.
In your life right now,
what is your top 5 things you are grateful for?
…GOSH there are just so many things I will forever be undeniably grateful for. Em this is why I love you, because you get straight to it by challenging me to narrow my top 5 things I’m most grateful for, and man it ain’t gonna be easy! Here goes…
- All the lessons I’ve learnt and the people I’ve met which have all made who I am today. (Those special people know exactly who they are xx)
- My absolute saint of a fiance – Jacob Patrick Kriesa! Every morning I open my eyes to the most incredible man lying by my side, and I thank the universe every single day for bringing you into my life.. You’ve changed my world forever.
- My health – I’m so unbelievably grateful for my mental and physical health, for without that, I simply would not have the necessary strength required to help those around me in need. Of course I still struggle at times to overcome mental challenges that once previously ruled my whole life, however I now have a much better support system around me, which helps lift me back up when I am too weak to do it on my own. I feel it’s absolutely crucial to have that love and support around you constantly, don’t ever let your pride impede you asking for help when you’re struggling. Even the strongest of people fall down and when they do, they crash harder than most.
- Ayurveda – I commenced my diploma in Classical Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation back in May 2015. Ayurveda has already taught me so much about myself, how to live with true health and happiness in this unstable world and reassurance and faith in what lies beyond us.. It continues to inspire and empower me every single day and guides me to the correct way of living.
- For all you incredibly compassionate people around the world, who are out there making a difference to the lives of others. If you’ve made a positive change or impact on at least one person’s life, no matter how big or small, thank you. Without people like you, complete universal happiness and world peace, would be impossible.
Do you have a favourite quote or piece of advice that inspires you daily?
What will be, will be. Don’t force it.
I also wrote this quote a little while back and it’s something that always helps me too:
– Be free and flow with the wind, for it will take you where your heart truly desires. You need not worry about where you’re going, or how you’re going to get there. Place your trust in the universe and it WILL get you there, and if it doesn’t, it will take you some place far more amazing than you had ever imagined! –
Any advice for the other beautiful souls out there that have a positive uplifting idea or concept but may be at a loss/struggling on how to move their plans out of their heads and into reality?
My best advice would be to take action right away. It’s difficult to do this I know, especially if you’re struggling with financial hardship! However, by hesitation and delay your mind begins to overlook the idea and doubt sets in. Try your absolute hardest to begin the process of bringing your dreams, goals, desires into fruition right away! Don’t give up, remind yourself everyday of what you want to achieve and you WILL get there.
Oh one more thing! … Don’t focus on the final picture, it’s too daunting and you start to feel overwhelmed by how you’re going to achieve it! You must think of it as a puzzle, each piece of the puzzle needs to be in place for you the create the final image!
Where can people find your lovely self and Crop Vintage?
♥ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
♥ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cropvintage/
♥ Website: http://www.cropvintage.com/
With every purchase you make with us, you’ll be able to actively see which workshop/program you’ll be contributing to within your community/school, so you’ll truly feel you’re making a real difference too.
And finally: Please finish this sentence: Gratitude to me is…
This life we’ve been given is extremely short and unbelievably precious, we must remind ourselves of his everyday. Majority of us (including myself) forget this all too often and we tend to take our loved ones for granted! It’s difficult to be thankful for what we have, especially if we’ve always had enough, we seem to only want more and it’s not until we lose it all that we realise the true value of that special something or someone! I understand it’s difficult and this quote – “Be thankful for what you have, don’t complain about what you don’t have!” is easier said than done, but we need to try our hardest every day to look at the positives and not the negatives. Don’t wait until you’re on your death bed to remind you that you should have been grateful for all the miracles in your life! Be grateful for all the miracles that are happening in your life and all over the world, right now! And if you truly feel you’ve got nothing to be grateful for, just remember your birth into this world is the biggest miracle of them all.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦