Move Forward With Happiness
We have all heard the saying, “Life if a Gift” right?
Yet if you died tomorrow, would you feel happy with the life you had lived?
So many times we keep pushing off truly living our life. How many of you live for the weekend? Or are waiting for retirement till you can really start living and enjoying your life?
There are so many stories out there about how people have had that big horrible disaster (such as losing a loved one, or having a heart attack etc), that shakes them to their core and completely changes their outlook on life.
So instead of waiting for something horrible to happen to help wake you up, how about just answering these 11 simple questions. (I know which one I would rather!)
11 Questions to Inspire Change
1. Do you wake up happy in the morning, excited to get on with what the day holds?
2. Are you doing what you truly want in life? If not, why not?
3. If you died tomorrow, would you be happy with the life you have lived?
4. How many promises have you made to yourself in the last few years? How many of them have you fulfilled?
5. If you met your 10 year old self, do you think they would be proud and happy with who you grew up to be?
6. Take a quick overview of your life. Are you making an influence on the world or are you constantly being influenced by the world?
7. If happiness was a currency, how rich do you think you would be?
8. Are you still holding onto past angers and injustices? Are they influencing or interrupting you from truly living a joyful and loving life?
9. When was the last time you had a big laugh? Look back on your week, how often have you laughed and had fun?
10. Do you feel loved and supported? Why not? Are you contributing to this in any way?
11. Have you given up something (on given up on something) because of fear of failure or because of what other people think? Do you feel regret over this?
Looking at these questions, how do you feel? If you feel these questions don’t have any negative feelings attached to them, that congratulations! However if you are feeling sad or angry or disheartened, please know that you are not alone. In 2015 a study in the UK showed that only 3 out of 10 people were happy with their lives. Research showed:
“69 per cent of people feel trapped in the same old routine and over 40 per cent are unhappy with their lives”
So why are people so unhappy with their lives? What is causing these feelings of dissatisfaction, and how to we make a change for the better?
First of all, check out your answers from the previous 11 questions. Within these questions you may see things that may be missing from your life. Is your life lacking laughter or fun? Are you overworking and not following a passion? Are you connecting with your life right now with joy and gratitude, or are you caught in past regrets and injustices?
You are 100% able to truly be connected and satisfied with your life. You are worthy of having a life full of love, abundance and happiness. You don’t have to go out and quit your job and move to the country (though if that is what you can and want to do – go for it!). Just making smaller changes can make a big difference in your life.
If your life is lacking laughter, joy and fun… Then find a way to bring this into your life. Make this a priority. Just watching a funny you-tube clip once a day is a good start. Or maybe you are holding onto your old injustices and hurt. Have a good think about is holding onto this anger really serving you? If you got revenge, would your life magically change into something amazing? Letting go what is no longer serving you is a great way to clear out old negative space. Then you can fill this space with loving joyful energy about your life, that will be there to support you (not weigh you down).
To end, I will leave you with this quote. I believe perfectly sums up this post on moving forward in a life you love with happiness.
~ ‘Life is like a cup of tea.
It is all in how you make it.’ ~