Time to take a Mini-ME-cation!
In these modern times, we are cramming more into our days than ever before. The sayings of “I think I can squeeze you in” and “Oh I just have so much going on this week!” are for many people, the standard. We rush around, running here and zooming there. The ‘Busy’ badge (as I call it) is almost like a badge of honour people wear. We are proud that we have so much going on. And hey, it isn’t a bad thing. I personally love having lots things to do. But sometimes it all gets a little bit much, and I have to pull myself back. For if I don’t, I know I will start to drown in the chaos of life, and everything will start to feel like a chore rather than a joy. No point in feeling like I am a chicken running around with its head cut off!
Taking time for yourself sometimes can be seen as a bad thing. The feeling that you are letting others down, Or being selfish. The old belief that if you aren’t doing anything you are lazy. Well Stuff that! To me that is totally selling yourself out, and that is just not right. Life is all about balance; and if you like all the rushing around and having a big to-do-list; you need to balance that out with some good old quite time. Time to take yourself aside and just be. It can be a big break or just a little one. The point is to take some time for YOU! To tune out the crazy and check in with yourself. To nourish your mind, body and soul.
One of my favourite ways to take a breather; is to go away on holiday. To doze on the beach in a hammock under swaying palm trees, or go hiking in the bush – surrounded by the harmony and beauty of Mother Nature. Now in my day to day life, when it is getting a bit too nutty for me; I can’t always be running off to the Caribbean or the Amazon Rainforest (As much as I would like too!) So instead, I create a moment for myself that brings me into the same blissful energetic state as being on vacation does. I call them… Mini-ME-cations!
Definition of a Mini-ME-cation is: – A day to day activity you do that brings you true joy and relaxation. That energizes you and brings you into the balanced state of bliss you feel on vacation.
Everyone will be different in how they achieve their Mini-ME-cation bliss. There are no rules in how long you need to do them, or how often. Only you will know when you have reached this state. It can be a big thing you do, or a little. It can cost money or be free. It can even involve other people if you need it to.
When life gets me in a little bit of a head spin; these are my go to Mini-ME-cations to put be back into blissful balance.
- Being in water. This can be floating in a pool, the ocean, a river, or just running myself a hot steamy bath. (Topped off with candles, lavender oil and a cheeky glass of wine!)
- A cup of herbal tea. This one I undeniably picked up from my beautiful Mum and Grandma. Nothing takes away life’s stresses than sitting quietly with a hot cuppa. I love to bring out my tea pot, cup & saucer and enjoy the simple bliss of chamomile, lavender and passion fruit infused together to create one divine brew.
- A walk in Mother Nature. I’ll admit that sometimes it is an effort to get going, but this one never fails to bliss me out. I leave all electronic at home (no iPod/phones/step trackers etc) and just connect to the earth. Not only are the endorphin’s released (and I feel great that I did a gentle workout) but I usually end up singing and chatting with all around me – which leaves me empowered and totally in tune with the whole Universe.
- Reading a good book. One that keeps you totally submerged, that by the time you look up, you cannot believe 3 hours has past! When you cry, laugh, applaud and curse the author (usually multiple times during a chapter!).
- Laughing till I cry. This can be from anything. Coffee with friends, watching a funny movie. (I am a bit sucker for watching YouTube clips of old ‘Whose Line is it Anyway’ – particularly the sound effects segments!)
- Spending quality time with the people I love. (Including my dog – Timmy!)
- Treating myself to breakfast out at a gorgeous café. And I am talking the full show here. Coffee, juice, mouth-watering bowls and plates full of divine food. (Plus if I am sitting in the sun – makes it that extra special!)
- The classic hair makeover / Mani-Pedi. This one only happens once or twice a year; just to have that pampered feel = DIVINE!
- Speaking of pamper – you can’t go past having a massage/treatment of some kind. My personal favourite is a Reiki Massage. Getting my energy field and physical body in balance is an instant bliss for me. I feel like a new person!
- Getting creative. A special time for myself where I let go. Any stress or anger or low vibes I have been harvesting are released. I dance, I sing, I paint, I draw, I cook, anything that lets me flow. (tip – if cooking- to release any low vibes; make sure you bless it with love and light afterwards before consuming to neutralize and release any negative energies that went into the final product!)
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
These are just a few things I do to create myself a Mini-ME-cation.
This week – take time to nourish your mind, body and soul, and take yourself on a Mini-ME-cation.
Immerse yourself in your bliss. Then come out total uplifted and ready to jump back onto this crazy train we call life!
Make sure you are following The Gratitude Butterfly on Instagram and Facebook for daily Gratitude inspiration!